RTS regularly install and facilitate audiovisual equipment, video conferencing and streaming video services for both criminal and litigation trials in the UK and supply video conference services for overseas witnesses.
All our fully trained staff hold a current Security Clearance.
Previously, we have set up and operated all of the audiovisual technology for:
- The Leveson Inquiry
- The Office Of Fair Trading High Street Bank Hearings
- The 7/7 London Bombings Trials
- The Baha Mousa Public Inquiry
- The Jean Charles De Menezes Coroners Inquest
- Inquest into the death of Diana Princess of Wales and Dodi Al Fayed
- The Charlene Ellis and Laticia Shakespeare Murder Trial
- The Hutton Inquiry
- The Damilola Taylor Murder Trial
- The Southall Rail Crash Inquiry
- The BSE Inquiry
- The Pinochet Hearing
For the Inquest into the death of Diana Princess of Wales, we facilitated video conferencing for witnesses across Europe and internationally, with 75 witnesses based in France, while others gave evidence from Germany, New Zealand, Australia, Nigeria, Kenya, Brazil and the USA.
Electronic preparation and presentation of evidence
Electronic Preparation and Presentation of Evidence (EPPE) in court involves cataloguing and preparing materials in a format that can be presented easily to the judge or jury. These materials can include documents, photographs, video (CCTV, mobile videos), audio, maps and graphics or other expert evidence.
Some of the cases we have worked with involved testimony and evidence that required appropriate technological enhancements to protect the identity of a witness (pixelation and voice distortion), moving image enhancements (for example circling a suspect in a video), and utilisation of virtual tour imagery.
RTS can also supply on-site audiovisual hardware training for legal teams, court staff or police officers who are required to operate their own Electronic Preparation and Presentation of Evidence packages.
Read our EPPE Case Studies:
High definition video conferencing for the courtroom
We provide and manage HD video conferencing installations on a permanent or temporary basis for courtrooms and judicial inquests where witnesses cannot be present. In one case, we installed a video conference link into a medical facility where the defendant was sentenced from his hospital bed.
Witness protection and anonymity
In cases where vulnerable witnesses require special measures to protect their identity, we provide specialised technology such as voice distortion to change the person’s voice beyond recognition while maintaining audio clarity, facial pixelation to obscure the facial features and the head area, and witness blocking to ensures that no matter which camera is used, the anonymity of the witness is preserved.
Hear a sample of voice distortion:
Voice distortion demo
Rapid audio and video conversion
We offer a confidential in-house CCTV, video and audio conversion service to ensure the complete security and integrity of our clients’ data. By taking video or audio in any format, we can convert it into a digital format that will play on computers or other equipment in the best possible quality, eliminating the need for multiple format players.
Press overspill facilities
Our experience in many high profile cases has involved designing, building and installing audio visual equipment for courtrooms and court annexes. These temporary arrangements require an expertise in secure networking and data transfer, and in some cases, the annexes do not even have to be located close to the courtroom.
Interpretation services and audio systems
Many cases require discreet, but effective interpretation of the courtroom proceedings and this can often be vital to a smooth trial. Through our experience in multi-language audio services, we can provide interpretation equipment and installation that is small enough to fit in the courtroom, yet allows individuals to hear the proceedings clearly through an interpreter, greatly reducing the duration of trials.
Web streaming and video feeds
RTS offer live web streaming as part of our work for public inquiries. We manage the streaming service from our own systems for security and performance reasons as traditional web hosting cannot meet the demands of video streamed over the web.
As a leader in providing technically complex, high-end corporate and public sector AV services, our clients depend on our expertise and unfailing ability to provide high-end audiovisual equipment and service that works right every time.
Every venue and every event has unique AV requirements and characteristics. That’s why each AV project we undertake is treated as bespoke. Our clients also require confidentiality and security, and that’s what RTS provide every time.
What we do
We recommend, plan, design, build and set up all aspects of our clients’ AV including the staging, projection screens, audio equipment, video streams, live mixing and engineering, as well as simultaneous interpretation and translation for multi-lingual conferences.
The best way to find out how we can assist with your event, conference or concert is to call us for an informal discussion. We’re on 0844 800 6440.
We’re always happy to provide our recommendations and advice. We’re used to working speedily under time-sensitive deadlines, so don’t be afraid to call on us if you’re stuck.
Audiovisual experience matters
We regularly provide high-definition audio-visual equipment and support for high profile legal cases, inquiries and hearings. These projects demand a high level of attention to detail, quality in setup and a level of bespoke planning and operational logistics to ensure that security and privacy are upheld at all times.
It is this experience that allows us to offer such a high level of professional advice and service to all our clients, whether they need a desktop video conference installation for regular meetings with overseas co-workers, or a temporary web stream of their corporate event created to broadcast to their teams around the world.
Our Clients in this area
City Veterans Network
The Kings Fund
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Prime Minister's Office
Italian Embassy London
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
At RTS, excellence comes as standard. Our ISO certification demonstrates our commitment to quality and environmental management and – to help make sure our installations are as good as they can be – RTS have teamed up with the manufacturers of the best AV hardware and consumables available. We are vendor agnostic, offering AV solutions which are right for the customer. We have no sales targets to hit and ensure a customer focused experience.
Crown Commercial Service Supplier.
RTS supplies audio visual services and support to the Crown Commercial Service within several framework agreements.
Security Clearances. All of our technical staff holds a valid SC security clearance. This makes RTS both highly unique and a trustworthy partner for any project where sensitive information is involved.
ISO 9001:2015. This relates to quality management and our certificate means that RTS have proven that they can meet the needs of their customers as well as statutory and regulatory requirements relating to services. RTS has been granted this certification by BM Trada and is externally audited on an annual basis.
Our ISO 14001:2015 certification means that RTS have proven our commitment to the environment by reducing our waste and minimising our effect on the environment. Since being granted ISO 14001:2015, we have reduced our electrical consumption by 45% and we are currently examining ways to reduce our vehicle emissions. RTS has been granted this certification by BM Trada and RTS is externally audited on an annual basis.
Member of Avixa (formerly InfoComm International). Avixa is the global trade association for the commercial AV industry. Being an Avixa member means that RTS belongs to the premier organisation committed to furthering the professionalism of the audiovisual industry.
Why Choose RTS?
There are many reasons to work with RTS, not just our wide-ranging experience and expertise. Here are a few points that are hard to ignore.
- RTS staff are knowledgeableRTS has been handling AV for clients since 1996 and many members of the team have been working in AV since 1990. We have worked in hundreds of locations around London, the UK and internationally and it is this experience that gives us the knowledge we need to know exactly what will work best in any given situation.
- RTS is capable of rapid responseAlthough RTS like to plan and stage the technology for events, many clients call on RTS because they know that we are used to working to tight time-scales and accommodating last-minute arrangements. RTS have all the equipment and people ready to go at a moment’s notice and will be there when you need us.
- RTS deliver a professional, friendly serviceRTS is proud of the professional advice and the friendly service we provide. We’re happy to answer questions and give our best advice even before we begin working with new clients. While we love technology and keep up with new advances in equipment, we know that event organisers and project managers just want the job done. That’s why we are always clear about what the right solution is and what is needed to produce the highest quality results for the audience as well as the budget.
- RTS work within your budgetRTS is sensitive to the budgetary constraints of all sizes of organisations and businesses, including charities. High-quality audio-visual equipment and support doesn’t have to be expensive and we always aim to provide the very best service at a cost that’s affordable, no matter who it’s for.
- All RTS staff are security-clearedWhile not all clients require this, we are often asked to provide video and audio equipment and services to Government departments, courtrooms, the judiciary and others that require a high degree of security and privacy. All our staff, including non-technical staff, have the necessary security clearances. This is one of the reasons we handle everything in-house and won’t sub-contract any of our work, unlike many other AV companies.
- RTS have courtroom experienceRTS is an approved supplier to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Framework for the Electronic Preparation and Presentation of Evidence. This framework formalises the reputation and expertise that we have gained from working with the judiciary in courtrooms and at inquests around the country. You can read about our work with the inquest into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Al-Fayed in the Legal Technology Journal (issue 10 Aug 08).
- RTS is dependableThis is consistently mentioned in feedback from our clients and it is something we take great pride in. RTS understand how important your event, conference, meeting or case is and we always ensure that we are available to answer your questions prior to (and on) the day. We’ll just ‘get on with it’ so you can focus on your guests, delegates, speakers and the event itself.
- RTS is frequently recommendedThe majority of our work and new clients come from the recommendations of others. We’re happy about this, because it means we’re conducting ourselves and the business in the right way.
- RTS is ISO certifiedRTS is committed to sound business and environmental practices and are proud to hold certification from UKAS for both ISO 9001 Quality Management standards and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards.
- RTS exceed expectationsOur success comes from the success of our clients. That’s why we always provide the very best advice and service on every project. We’re always happy to answer questions and provide advice, even before we start working together. It’s just how we do business.
Are you looking for Rock Solid AV advice?
Talk to us first
When you need audio or visual equipment or AV support for your event, you can depend on us to always give you the very best audiovisual advice and service.
RTS offers AV equipment leasing options for the audio visual, lighting, sound and broadcast industries. Contact us for more details.