Leaders in Public Inquiry AV
RTS delivers an “All-In-One Solution” of managed services and support for any public inquiry or inquest, from initial conception, full AV system design and workflow processes through to delivery, installation and daily operation of technical equipment.
Every project is unique and carries its own series of challenges, RTS has the expert knowledge to aid and assist any Inquiry team and can offer friendly guidance and advice on any aspect of the setup.
Our project management team will aid and assist on room design and layout, closely collaborating with architectural designers, building contractors, HVAC, lighting, electrical and cabling contractors to ensure that the public inquiry hearing room is optimised for both the in-room participants and for viewers accessing the inquiry via broadcast and web streaming platforms.
Where required additional AV services can be provided to external rooms enabling a comfortable and private space for witnesses and families to view live proceedings. Dedicated media annexes can also be equipped with the required AV hardware to allow journalists to report on the inquiry without disrupting proceedings.
RTS has provided technical services and support on many high-profile public inquiries and inquests including:
- The Infected Blood Inquiry
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse
- The Birmingham 1974 Inquests
- The Edinburgh Tram Inquiry
- The Litvinenko Inquiry
- The Leveson Inquiry
- The Office of Fair Trading – High Street Bank Hearings
- The 7/7 London Bombings Trials
- The Al-Sweady Inquiry
- The Baha Mousa Public Inquiry
- The Jean Charles De Menezes Coroner’s Inquest
- Inquest into the death of Diana Princess of Wales and Dodi Al Fayed
- The Hutton Inquiry
- The Damilola Taylor Murder Trial
- The Southall Rail Crash Inquiry
- The BSE Inquiry
- The Pinochet Hearings
RTS offer custom-made courtroom furniture specifically designed to fit the dimensions of the room, allowing convenient access for public attendees and comfortable space to work in.
Our experienced team can advise and suggest a selection of furniture solutions for individual locations in the hearing room, from the chairperson, witness and counsel desks to public and press seating areas. Every workstation includes a selection of built-in utilities, offering power and USB sockets for charging laptops and mobile devices, hidden cable routing and integrated AV display units to view proceedings.
Beginning at the design stage to final installation, RTS can offer a wide range of options to suit budget and deadlines.
Electronic Preparation and Presentation of Evidence (EPPE)
The term “electronic preparation and presentation of evidence” refers to the display of witness and expert exhibits and evidence during live hearings or a courtroom.
EPPE includes scanned documentation, maps, photographic images, video footage and audio files which can be viewed on multiple screens throughout the hearing room.
RTS provide experienced security cleared EPPE operators, dedicated for the duration of an inquiry. The operator will control the display of evidence using specialist trial presentation software with bespoke functionality. Under the instruction of lead counsel, the electronic evidence can be displayed, annotated and highlighted ensuring that legal professionals can focus on the examination and cross-examination of witnesses whilst the EPPE operator seamlessly displays any relevant evidence.
RTS can provide all associated audiovisual hardware and dedicated software guaranteeing electronic evidence is displayed accurately and concisely to all participants. RTS has additional technical expertise to display evidence remotely to annexes, press overspill and family rooms.
Real Time Transcription
RTS can provide real-time transcription services for high profile public inquiries, our dedicated court reporting team have extensive experience in the industry including depositions, UK civil, criminal and coroner’s courts, public inquiries and international arbitrations.
We offer a secure real-time transcription feed that allows participants to view the transcript on a across all platforms and devices, with the ability to pause, highlight and save specific parts of the text.
In addition, we supply a daily draft edited transcript during the hearing and a “close of play” final verbatim version can be emailed to chosen recipients in various electronic file formats and layouts after the end of the hearing day.
Audio Visual Installation and Operation
RTS designs, installs and operates all the necessary AV equipment to deliver a robust public inquiry or inquest. Discreet ceiling mounted, fully controllable broadcast cameras, broadcast lighting and microphones maintain the integrity and functionality of the hearing space whilst delivering the necessary audiovisual requirements.
RTS has set the industry standard for public inquiries delivering professional, secure broadcast quality video and audio for internet web streaming and television news outlets.
RTS offer live broadcast production, our dedicated onsite AV engineers will install operate and maintain all AV equipment dedicated to providing a responsive and effective service delivery.
Our experienced inhouse staff can offer a variety of video redaction and post-production services. In addition to live broadcast video delays for proceedings, evidence and transcription, witness anonymity special measures with optional voice distortion, BSL (British Sign Language) translation and simultaneous translation services.
As a leader in providing technically complex, high-end corporate and public sector AV services, our clients depend on our expertise and unfailing ability to provide high-end audiovisual equipment and service that works right every time.
Every venue and every event has unique AV requirements and characteristics. That’s why each AV project we undertake is treated as bespoke. Our clients also require confidentiality and security, and that’s what RTS provide every time.
What we do
We recommend, plan, design, build and set up all aspects of our clients’ AV including the staging, projection screens, audio equipment, video streams, live mixing and engineering, as well as simultaneous interpretation and translation for multi-lingual conferences.
The best way to find out how we can assist with your event, conference or concert is to call us for an informal discussion. We’re on 0844 800 6440.
We’re always happy to provide our recommendations and advice. We’re used to working speedily under time-sensitive deadlines, so don’t be afraid to call on us if you’re stuck.
Audiovisual experience matters
We regularly provide high-definition audio-visual equipment and support for high profile legal cases, inquiries and hearings. These projects demand a high level of attention to detail, quality in setup and a level of bespoke planning and operational logistics to ensure that security and privacy are upheld at all times.
It is this experience that allows us to offer such a high level of professional advice and service to all our clients, whether they need a desktop video conference installation for regular meetings with overseas co-workers, or a temporary web stream of their corporate event created to broadcast to their teams around the world.
The Leveson Inquiry
The Leveson Inquiry into the ‘culture, practices and ethics of the press’ heard from 650 witnesses who testified in person or in writing, generating 6,000 pages of evidence in more than eight months of hearings.View the full story
Our Clients in this area
The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
The Infected Blood Inquiry
IICSA - Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Justice
Sound Masking Installations from RTS
RTS has recently completed a Sound Masking installation for a corporate client in central London incorporating 3 zones and 122 emitters.
RTS installed a Cambridge Sound Management QT300 control module, capable of multi-zone installations up to 36,000 square feet. The QT300 was connected to 122 individual emitters across 3 independent zones.
At RTS, excellence comes as standard. Our ISO certification demonstrates our commitment to quality and environmental management and – to help make sure our installations are as good as they can be – RTS have teamed up with the manufacturers of the best AV hardware and consumables available. We are vendor agnostic, offering AV solutions which are right for the customer. We have no sales targets to hit and ensure a customer focused experience.
Crown Commercial Service Supplier.
RTS supplies audio visual services and support to the Crown Commercial Service within several framework agreements.
Security Clearances. All of our technical staff holds a valid SC security clearance. This makes RTS both highly unique and a trustworthy partner for any project where sensitive information is involved.
ISO 9001:2015. This relates to quality management and our certificate means that RTS have proven that they can meet the needs of their customers as well as statutory and regulatory requirements relating to services. RTS has been granted this certification by BM Trada and is externally audited on an annual basis.
Our ISO 14001:2015 certification means that RTS have proven our commitment to the environment by reducing our waste and minimising our effect on the environment. Since being granted ISO 14001:2015, we have reduced our electrical consumption by 45% and we are currently examining ways to reduce our vehicle emissions. RTS has been granted this certification by BM Trada and RTS is externally audited on an annual basis.
Member of Avixa (formerly InfoComm International). Avixa is the global trade association for the commercial AV industry. Being an Avixa member means that RTS belongs to the premier organisation committed to furthering the professionalism of the audiovisual industry.
Why Choose RTS?
There are many reasons to work with RTS, not just our wide-ranging experience and expertise. Here are a few points that are hard to ignore.
- RTS staff are knowledgeableRTS has been handling AV for clients since 1996 and many members of the team have been working in AV since 1990. We have worked in hundreds of locations around London, the UK and internationally and it is this experience that gives us the knowledge we need to know exactly what will work best in any given situation.
- RTS is capable of rapid responseAlthough RTS like to plan and stage the technology for events, many clients call on RTS because they know that we are used to working to tight time-scales and accommodating last-minute arrangements. RTS have all the equipment and people ready to go at a moment’s notice and will be there when you need us.
- RTS deliver a professional, friendly serviceRTS is proud of the professional advice and the friendly service we provide. We’re happy to answer questions and give our best advice even before we begin working with new clients. While we love technology and keep up with new advances in equipment, we know that event organisers and project managers just want the job done. That’s why we are always clear about what the right solution is and what is needed to produce the highest quality results for the audience as well as the budget.
- RTS work within your budgetRTS is sensitive to the budgetary constraints of all sizes of organisations and businesses, including charities. High-quality audio-visual equipment and support doesn’t have to be expensive and we always aim to provide the very best service at a cost that’s affordable, no matter who it’s for.
- All RTS staff are security-clearedWhile not all clients require this, we are often asked to provide video and audio equipment and services to Government departments, courtrooms, the judiciary and others that require a high degree of security and privacy. All our staff, including non-technical staff, have the necessary security clearances. This is one of the reasons we handle everything in-house and won’t sub-contract any of our work, unlike many other AV companies.
- RTS have courtroom experienceRTS is an approved supplier to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Framework for the Electronic Preparation and Presentation of Evidence. This framework formalises the reputation and expertise that we have gained from working with the judiciary in courtrooms and at inquests around the country. You can read about our work with the inquest into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Al-Fayed in the Legal Technology Journal (issue 10 Aug 08).
- RTS is dependableThis is consistently mentioned in feedback from our clients and it is something we take great pride in. RTS understand how important your event, conference, meeting or case is and we always ensure that we are available to answer your questions prior to (and on) the day. We’ll just ‘get on with it’ so you can focus on your guests, delegates, speakers and the event itself.
- RTS is frequently recommendedThe majority of our work and new clients come from the recommendations of others. We’re happy about this, because it means we’re conducting ourselves and the business in the right way.
- RTS is ISO certifiedRTS is committed to sound business and environmental practices and are proud to hold certification from UKAS for both ISO 9001 Quality Management standards and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards.
- RTS exceed expectationsOur success comes from the success of our clients. That’s why we always provide the very best advice and service on every project. We’re always happy to answer questions and provide advice, even before we start working together. It’s just how we do business.
Are you looking for Rock Solid AV advice?
Talk to us first
When you need audio or visual equipment or AV support for your event, you can depend on us to always give you the very best audiovisual advice and service.
RTS offers AV equipment leasing options for the audio visual, lighting, sound and broadcast industries. Contact us for more details.