How IPTV works
In reality, IPTV technology enables an organisation’s IP network to carry much more than just television. With IPTV, you can easily distribute terrestrial and satellite television and radio, videos, DVDs, digital videos on-demand (VoDs), digital signage, information boards, and web content throughout your facility. All of this multimedia content can be viewed on standard and high definition TVs and various kinds of AV display equipment, as well as PCs on every desktop.
Building IPTV is designed to distribute television and video across building and campus networks over a local area network (LAN). The content is injected directly into the building LAN rather than through the organisation’s internet firewall. For organisations, this has three fundamental advantages over consumer-oriented forms of IPTV:
- It leverages the comparatively limitless bandwidth of organisational LANs to deliver much higher quality to many more users.
- It allows much more stringent access control—not just by channel, but by business unit, department, group, or even individual user.
- It does not consume any internet bandwidth, which is far more costly than LAN bandwidth
Who is using IPTV?
Many different kinds of organisations are already realising the benefits of using a building or campus IPTV solution to deliver quality TV, video, and audio content to users and customers.
Skip the installation of a coaxial network altogether by integrating AV and broadcast media into the IP network with an IPTV solution. Increase flexibility and scalability for the client while decreasing the cost of the build.
IPTV in businesses large and small enables delivery of real-time news to inform decision makers, broadcasts to staff desktops, distribution of company information in public areas, simple and unified delivery of training, and staff entertainment.
Educational IPTV provides instant classroom access to a virtually unlimited global archive of instructive material in a wide variety of languages. Teachers no longer have to wait for tapes and discs to be returned to resource centres
Watch current events unfold from around the globe by distributing international and country-specific news channels for content that may affect share dealings and financial markets.
Give patients access to television, radio and video at their bedsides. Display information in reception and waiting areas. Record procedures and operations for training and to protect against litigation.
- Hospitality & Leisure
Provide guests with world class in-room entertainment with the latest TV, news, music, films and sport from not only the country where the hotel is based, but from a guest’s home country. Stream content to conference facilities, hotel bars and restaurants. Generate revenue by advertising room service, bars, spa and leisure facilities.
Use live video feeds from the factory floor for staff supervision and remote quality control inspection. Monitor live workflow to immediately highlight breakdowns and bottlenecks in the manufacturing process.
Provide airline, train and bus passengers with departure and arrival times, announcements and information, security procedures, and live news and entertainment throughout the transport facility.
- Stadium and Arena TV
Stream live coverage directly from the event stage or game pitch to TV screens around the facility so attendees never miss a second of the event. Display third party advertisements, match dates and merchandise information to generate future ticket sales and additional revenue. Provide live TV into hospitality suites.
Exterity IPTV Product Guides
- AvediaStream Encoders
- AvediaStream TV Gateways
- AvediaStream Chassis
- AvediaPlayer Receivers
- AvediaStream Transcoder
- AvediaStream Origin Server
Get the expert advice you need
RTS is an Exterity IPTV Streamforce Platinum Partner and has installed IPTV systems in many prestigious venues including new builds, Grade 1 and Grade 2 listed properties including government departments across the UK. RTS hold demonstration stock of the Exterity IPTV product range. Our engineers have completed Exterity advanced training at the Exterity headquarters at Dalgety Bay, Fife.
RTS always available with advice to help determine if IPTV is right for you.
As a leader in providing technically complex, high-end corporate and public sector AV services, our clients depend on our expertise and unfailing ability to provide high-end audiovisual equipment and service that works right every time.
Every venue and every event has unique AV requirements and characteristics. That’s why each AV project we undertake is treated as bespoke. Our clients also require confidentiality and security, and that’s what RTS provide every time.
What we do
We recommend, plan, design, build and set up all aspects of our clients’ AV including the staging, projection screens, audio equipment, video streams, live mixing and engineering, as well as simultaneous interpretation and translation for multi-lingual conferences.
The best way to find out how we can assist with your event, conference or concert is to call us for an informal discussion. We’re on 0844 800 6440.
We’re always happy to provide our recommendations and advice. We’re used to working speedily under time-sensitive deadlines, so don’t be afraid to call on us if you’re stuck.
Audiovisual experience matters
We regularly provide high-definition audio-visual equipment and support for high profile legal cases, inquiries and hearings. These projects demand a high level of attention to detail, quality in setup and a level of bespoke planning and operational logistics to ensure that security and privacy are upheld at all times.
It is this experience that allows us to offer such a high level of professional advice and service to all our clients, whether they need a desktop video conference installation for regular meetings with overseas co-workers, or a temporary web stream of their corporate event created to broadcast to their teams around the world.
Sound Masking Installations from RTS
RTS has recently completed a Sound Masking installation for a corporate client in central London incorporating 3 zones and 122 emitters.
RTS installed a Cambridge Sound Management QT300 control module, capable of multi-zone installations up to 36,000 square feet. The QT300 was connected to 122 individual emitters across 3 independent zones.
At RTS, excellence comes as standard. Our ISO certification demonstrates our commitment to quality and environmental management and – to help make sure our installations are as good as they can be – RTS have teamed up with the manufacturers of the best AV hardware and consumables available. We are vendor agnostic, offering AV solutions which are right for the customer. We have no sales targets to hit and ensure a customer focused experience.
Crown Commercial Service Supplier.
RTS supplies audio visual services and support to the Crown Commercial Service within several framework agreements.
Security Clearances. All of our technical staff holds a valid SC security clearance. This makes RTS both highly unique and a trustworthy partner for any project where sensitive information is involved.
ISO 9001:2015. This relates to quality management and our certificate means that RTS have proven that they can meet the needs of their customers as well as statutory and regulatory requirements relating to services. RTS has been granted this certification by BM Trada and is externally audited on an annual basis.
Our ISO 14001:2015 certification means that RTS have proven our commitment to the environment by reducing our waste and minimising our effect on the environment. Since being granted ISO 14001:2015, we have reduced our electrical consumption by 45% and we are currently examining ways to reduce our vehicle emissions. RTS has been granted this certification by BM Trada and RTS is externally audited on an annual basis.
Member of Avixa (formerly InfoComm International). Avixa is the global trade association for the commercial AV industry. Being an Avixa member means that RTS belongs to the premier organisation committed to furthering the professionalism of the audiovisual industry.
Why Choose RTS?
There are many reasons to work with RTS, not just our wide-ranging experience and expertise. Here are a few points that are hard to ignore.
- RTS staff are knowledgeableRTS has been handling AV for clients since 1996 and many members of the team have been working in AV since 1990. We have worked in hundreds of locations around London, the UK and internationally and it is this experience that gives us the knowledge we need to know exactly what will work best in any given situation.
- RTS is capable of rapid responseAlthough RTS like to plan and stage the technology for events, many clients call on RTS because they know that we are used to working to tight time-scales and accommodating last-minute arrangements. RTS have all the equipment and people ready to go at a moment’s notice and will be there when you need us.
- RTS deliver a professional, friendly serviceRTS is proud of the professional advice and the friendly service we provide. We’re happy to answer questions and give our best advice even before we begin working with new clients. While we love technology and keep up with new advances in equipment, we know that event organisers and project managers just want the job done. That’s why we are always clear about what the right solution is and what is needed to produce the highest quality results for the audience as well as the budget.
- RTS work within your budgetRTS is sensitive to the budgetary constraints of all sizes of organisations and businesses, including charities. High-quality audio-visual equipment and support doesn’t have to be expensive and we always aim to provide the very best service at a cost that’s affordable, no matter who it’s for.
- All RTS staff are security-clearedWhile not all clients require this, we are often asked to provide video and audio equipment and services to Government departments, courtrooms, the judiciary and others that require a high degree of security and privacy. All our staff, including non-technical staff, have the necessary security clearances. This is one of the reasons we handle everything in-house and won’t sub-contract any of our work, unlike many other AV companies.
- RTS have courtroom experienceRTS is an approved supplier to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Framework for the Electronic Preparation and Presentation of Evidence. This framework formalises the reputation and expertise that we have gained from working with the judiciary in courtrooms and at inquests around the country. You can read about our work with the inquest into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Al-Fayed in the Legal Technology Journal (issue 10 Aug 08).
- RTS is dependableThis is consistently mentioned in feedback from our clients and it is something we take great pride in. RTS understand how important your event, conference, meeting or case is and we always ensure that we are available to answer your questions prior to (and on) the day. We’ll just ‘get on with it’ so you can focus on your guests, delegates, speakers and the event itself.
- RTS is frequently recommendedThe majority of our work and new clients come from the recommendations of others. We’re happy about this, because it means we’re conducting ourselves and the business in the right way.
- RTS is ISO certifiedRTS is committed to sound business and environmental practices and are proud to hold certification from UKAS for both ISO 9001 Quality Management standards and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards.
- RTS exceed expectationsOur success comes from the success of our clients. That’s why we always provide the very best advice and service on every project. We’re always happy to answer questions and provide advice, even before we start working together. It’s just how we do business.
Are you looking for Rock Solid AV advice?
Talk to us first
When you need audio or visual equipment or AV support for your event, you can depend on us to always give you the very best audiovisual advice and service.
RTS offers AV equipment leasing options for the audio visual, lighting, sound and broadcast industries. Contact us for more details.